College is often regarded as a stepping stone to a brighter future, but each year hundreds of women enrolled in college become pregnant.
Many colleges are not structurally set up to serve pregnant or parenting mothers, which can leave women feeling they have nowhere to turn. Ella’s House offers an alternative. Learn about what we offer
In 2020, Tennessee had 68,494 student parents; 30,093 were single mothers.
We support pregnant and parenting student mothers, ages 18-24 years-old attending one of the twenty colleges and six community colleges in the greater Nashville area.
How We Help
- Housing with live-in support
- Baby and maternity items available
- Transitional housing offered after baby is born
- Health and wellness education
- Counseling resources
- Emergency transportation offered as needed
- Educational grant and scholarship assistance
- Parent and child enrichment
- Peer to peer support
- Childcare resources
- Peer support for student fathers (Coming Soon)